Cotswold Images
Flowers Cheltenham Spa Gloucester Docks Gloucester Cathedral Cotswold villages Cornfields & Sunsets Autumn
Back to home page About Cotswold Images Order our photographs Links to other sites Contact Cotswold Images
 

Photos of flowers
Photos of Cheltenham Spa
Photos of Gloucester Docks
Photos of Gloucester Cathedral
Photos of Cotswold villages
Photos of cornfields & sunsets
Photos of autumn


Cheltenham Prom
Pittville Park
• Municipal Offices
Queens Hotel
Cheltenham College
Pump Room
Royal Crescent
Neptune's Fountain

Municipal Offices, Cheltenham

Municipal Offices, Cheltenham

Image Ref: 4D
 

Size Price Qty  
A4 £14.95
15 x 12 inches £24.50
20 x 16 inches £29.50
Previous image
Next image
 

 

The west side of the Promenade is dominated by Cheltenham’s finest early nineteenth century terrace which was designed by George Underwood.

Originally known as Harward’s Buildings, after Samuel Harward, one of the developers of Sherborne Spa and Promenade.

In 1915 the Municipal Offices took over the five central houses and by 1958 had expanded to occupy thirteen of the nineteen houses in the terrace.

In the front of the photograph is the Long Garden with the statue of Edward Wilson who was born at 91 Montpellier Terrace in 1872 and died with Captain Scott in the ill-fated Antarctic expedition.